Our Enviromental Commitment
Farrell-Calhoun introduced our Green Wise Program to focus on environmental sustainability. With our Green Wise products, Farrell-Calhoun will minimize negative impacts on the environment while producing the highest quality paints. The Green Wise Program is a green life cycle from start to finish. We start with the most technologically advanced raw materials in our paints. We help our customers select the correct products for projects so that they are completed correctly the first time to reduce frequent repainting and avoid waste. We educate our customers on how to dispose of any left-over paint, including information about recycling opportunities. Our Green Wise products are leading the way to a cleaner, safer environment. Please visit the Green Wise website at www.greenwisepaint.com to learn about the Green Wise program and the testing standards utilized. Farrell-Calhoun is a participating member in Coatings Research Group Inc.
Farrell-Calhoun has always focused on responsible manufacturing, having been a leader in the industry for environmental cleanliness. Our environmental efforts include:
- Generating zero hazardous waste at our manufacturing facility.
- Recycling thinners, wash water, and pigment dust from our dust collectors into usable solutions as well as reworking all of our mis-tinted paints
- Formulating our coatings to have exceptional performance properties, such as excellent cleanability and durability which provide a longer service life for the coating.
- Implementing new processes in our manufacturing facility to become more energy efficient and reduce greenhouse gases.
- Installing more energy efficient lighting and programmable thermostats in our stores.
- Recycling or reusing paper, cardboard, and cans.
- Sourcing our raw materials locally thereby reducing the carbon footprint resulting from transportation.
- Shipping our products on specially made pallets that provide maximum durability and enable us to reuse and repair the pallets numerous times.
- Changing our fleet of cars and trucks to more fuel-efficient vehicles.
- Reducing the VOCs in our coatings and formulating our coatings to resist bacteria and mold growth, thereby improving indoor air quality.
- Participating as members of the American Coatings Association's Coatings Care Group.
- Producing our Green Wise coatings which are LEED® compliant and qualify as low-emitting materials that reduce indoor air contaminants.